Saturday, October 27, 2012

46. If you really believe...



it was a quiet afternoon
lunch done and everything put away
i sat again in front of the computer
feeling for the inspiration to write the verse for today

nothing coming, instead i felt my eyelids heavy
would a nap do me good? I'm feeling unsteady
the comeon was strong, on the bed, I sat at first 
on a pillow I surrendered my head, yeah I'm sleepy

before I lost myself, I remember I was praying 
giving thanks, the scenes in my mind were flashing
the doctor's office, the home, the hospital bed 
the difficult struggle between my heart and my head

I have made the decision to get the operation done
I don't know if that decision was indeed the right one
It was swift, all I could think of was that God was leading me
That it was the right decision, to go get the surgery

I was dreaming, I heard a voice, asking clearly
"if you say you really believe, why do you disbelieve?"
out of my subconscious mind, I know God can see
that I may proclaim my faith but deep inside,there's uncertainty

I am building up my faith, I know God is with me 
I will struggle, like the others before me
The test of faith is on, pain and suffering will enhance
the trials in my life will produce faith and endurance


Scripture
Romans 5
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.



 


3 comments:

  1. Wow!

    While I loved to read your verses before for their style and beauty, I am lapping them up now for how much you are baring of yourself. You are so honest and so real I end wiping my tears as I read. T said it -- goosebumps!

    What a beautiful transformation a surrendered life to God brings us. I want more of that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear Joy,
    as always thank you for enjoying my verses. It is God's gift that I hope I could use to glorify Him.

    You are so right about that surrendered life to God. I saw that in how my verses came out of my fingertips. It is like actually having HIM guide my hand to write more when I am constantly in touch with HIM trough prayers.

    How have you been? I hope things at home are settling down and you are done with the task of cleaning. Take a deep breath. Rest. Praise the Lord for everything...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to our sister's comment above.
    Don't you just love how God speaks to us when we're in that in-between state of sleep and awake? Maybe it's because during the day we are so busy that it's only time God can get our attention. :)

    ReplyDelete