Saturday, October 27, 2012

46. If you really believe...



it was a quiet afternoon
lunch done and everything put away
i sat again in front of the computer
feeling for the inspiration to write the verse for today

nothing coming, instead i felt my eyelids heavy
would a nap do me good? I'm feeling unsteady
the comeon was strong, on the bed, I sat at first 
on a pillow I surrendered my head, yeah I'm sleepy

before I lost myself, I remember I was praying 
giving thanks, the scenes in my mind were flashing
the doctor's office, the home, the hospital bed 
the difficult struggle between my heart and my head

I have made the decision to get the operation done
I don't know if that decision was indeed the right one
It was swift, all I could think of was that God was leading me
That it was the right decision, to go get the surgery

I was dreaming, I heard a voice, asking clearly
"if you say you really believe, why do you disbelieve?"
out of my subconscious mind, I know God can see
that I may proclaim my faith but deep inside,there's uncertainty

I am building up my faith, I know God is with me 
I will struggle, like the others before me
The test of faith is on, pain and suffering will enhance
the trials in my life will produce faith and endurance


Scripture
Romans 5
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.



 


3 comments:

  1. Wow!

    While I loved to read your verses before for their style and beauty, I am lapping them up now for how much you are baring of yourself. You are so honest and so real I end wiping my tears as I read. T said it -- goosebumps!

    What a beautiful transformation a surrendered life to God brings us. I want more of that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear Joy,
    as always thank you for enjoying my verses. It is God's gift that I hope I could use to glorify Him.

    You are so right about that surrendered life to God. I saw that in how my verses came out of my fingertips. It is like actually having HIM guide my hand to write more when I am constantly in touch with HIM trough prayers.

    How have you been? I hope things at home are settling down and you are done with the task of cleaning. Take a deep breath. Rest. Praise the Lord for everything...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to our sister's comment above.
    Don't you just love how God speaks to us when we're in that in-between state of sleep and awake? Maybe it's because during the day we are so busy that it's only time God can get our attention. :)

    ReplyDelete