Thursday, October 25, 2012

44. Christian life is not trouble-free



it is a very wrong notion
that Christian life is trouble-free
in fact, sometimes, life's troubles
do not become less, instead, plenty.

this is because God is in the process 
of CLEANSING and CHANGING you
to do away with bad attitudes
and old negative habits that you do.

there are areas in our lives 
that need to be sanded, shaped, sifted
to transform us into Christian-likeness
is what it's for, it's needed.

trouble is one of God's effective tools
in winnowing a person's character
the greatest men and women of Scripture
are those whose lives were made harder.

2 comments:

  1. Love these verses, sister. Yes, God is concerned more about our Christ-likeness than our happiness. He is after something greater than just our comfort. He is perfecting what is eternal over the temporal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. I am a perfect example of someone who needs cleansing and changing. It's rough, tough and painful. But I thank God He is so gentle with me I don't have it in me to rebel (my usual reaction to discipline). Instead I am humbled. I thank Him for you both who make going through the rough spots more bearable.

    ReplyDelete