Wednesday, January 11, 2012

32. it will get worse before it gets better

(photo by SpinC)


there is a question
asked by many:
why is it that when you walk with GOD
troubles come a-plenty?

pastors I knew
from internet broadcasts
have mentioned the same
in their separate podcasts

they say that to walk with God
is like a basketball game
if you are sidelined
nobody calls your name

but try get in the game
score points, start the rally
they'd guard and keep you
from getting ahead in the tally

when you are cold for Christ
the Enemy doesn't bother
set your heart on fire for HIM
the enemy stalks you like no other.

the trials come pouring in
like when it rains, it pours
problems, sickness, misery
adversities in scores

right now, that is exactly
the door that I chose to enter
when I took steps to follow GOD
I know it will get worse before it gets better.

4 comments:

  1. It does sometimes get worse before it gets better but we do not do it alone. God always walks alongside us. Just like He's doing with you now. Miss you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you both, my dear friends....hugsssss

    ReplyDelete