Thursday, March 1, 2012

33. SOS



Lord, it has gotten worse,
when is it going to end?

in trickles came the flow of verses
messages became harder to send

i lost the connection
i am floating nowhere

literally and figuratively
the "floating" I can no longer bear

it is one thing to be helpless
to be hopeless is another

i feel light, just like paper
come rescue me in prayer



********
after posting this verse, I turned to my Bible, asking God to show me a verse that would speak to me...
The page opened to Psalm 10, 11, 12 and :


The Thirteenth Psalm


    For the director of music. A psalm of David. 1 How long, LORD? Will you forget me forever?
   How long will you hide your face from me?
2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
   and day after day have sorrow in my heart?
   How long will my enemy triumph over me?
 3 Look on me and answer, LORD my God.
   Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death,
4 and my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,”
   and my foes will rejoice when I fall.
 5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
   my heart rejoices in your salvation.
6 I will sing the LORD’s praise,
   for he has been good to me.

4 comments:

  1. I cry as I read this, friend. I can't presume to know what you're going through. But I feel your pain. All I can assure you is that I lift you up in fervent prayer. I pray that He surrounds you with His Presence; that He makes you feel His love for you like never before and that He shows Himself as the Father on earth and in heaven that You can always run to and depend on for help. He'll never fail you. He'll deliver you. He'll see you through even the worst. Just keep on believing and hanging on to Him. Keep talking, to Him, reading His Word, seeking Him. And, I pray, whatever He asks you to do, you'll obey. In Jesus' name, Amen.

    I love you, sis.

    Thank you for coming back to OTV. Don't leave again, please. Just cry your heart out He'll hear you. And me and I'm sure our other friend -- we'll be with you through this in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Friend,
    I also do not presume to know what you are going through but trust me when I say I feel your pain. I can relate to every single line of your verse. But last night as I was reading my bible right there in Numbers, God asked about the people of Israel: "...how long will they not believe in me, in spite of all the signs that I have done among them?" That convicted me because the past few days God has been showing me devotion after devotion about my particular challenge. Everywhere I go I'll find an encouragement - from an email, from a verse, from a blog. It's as if He is sending answers through people. Yet was choosing to wallow in my misery - choosing to believe the enemy instead of God. So I wrote down a prayer of repentance next to that verse. I'm choosing to believe God today and stand in faith.
    Praying for you.
    Much love,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again to you both for always being here -- I know i CAN ALWAYS count on you for support and encouragement. And I sincerely thank you for the prayers - I know it is what's lifting me up ...knowing I am not alone....

    Hugssss to you both

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missing you, friend. Praying for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete