Thursday, October 18, 2012

42. God speaks



i found myself
in a valley of tears
hating myself
for my own sins

i've lived in those sins
ignored the warnings
yet at the back of my head
i hear God's proddings

i read His words
I claimed understanding
but only temporarily
before long i found them waning

i praised Him for all things
acknowledged His blessings
but when the time came for faith-testing
i found myself running

but God is faithful
beyond our understanding
even when we reject Him
He still remains so loving


Today in a painful moment
of admitting my sin of unbelief
I confessed wholeheartedly
and after that I found relief

God sent an emissary
a vessel of God's truth in words
it was like a dam broke, I cried a river
For what she said truly struck a chord

I sit here laughing, crying
enjoying this quiet conversation
about promises, about love
about healing and protection




1 comment:

  1. Rejoicing with you on your breakthrough, sister! Praising God for it!!

    "How He loves us so. Oh, how He loves us, how He loves us so." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzfPHnoT0-0

    ReplyDelete