Saturday, November 19, 2011

6. A Thousand Verses

(photo by PhilC)


The path going back
is not all too rosy
'been here before
feeling broken and lonely

the walk is long
i don't see the end of the road
inner peace and eternal life
is what's to find there, I was told.

armed with the Holy Book
I walk along the path
sermons, scriptures, prayers
I read and listen as i sat

in my walk, I meet questions and trials
this does not surprise me
oftentimes I am in awe
at how HIS love protects me

the prayers I prayed asking for wisdom
His answers are always timely
one by one, the barriers are gone
I feel blessed and very happy.

The road is long and narrow
I am sure there are more hurdles ahead
More tears to shed, more prayers to be said
More battles to fight kneeling by my bed

To keep walking along this path
is the desire of my repentant heart
in the everyday journey of my life
a thousand verses I will write

No comments:

Post a Comment