Monday, October 15, 2012

39. what steals your joy?



who owns the power
to create your own joy?
does joy come from beauty,
or from a joke, or a funny toy?

when you cease being joyful
do you know you also stop being hopeful?
when you surrender your joyfulness
you embrace the call of the darkness

Ann Voskamp, she asked:
"why deprive myself of joy's oxygen?"
because you believe in the POWER OF THE PIT!
the swiftness and starkness of that answer is startling!

do you smother your own JOY
because you believe ANGER achieves more?
is your daily life ruled by God
or by complaining, exasperation, resentment, Satan's ways galore?

what it really is, is a choice
to CRUSH joy with BITTERNESS
it is the purposeful choosing
to take the way of the PRINCE OF DARKNESS

search yourself,  ask the same questions
do you choose Lucifer's angry way?
is it more effective over giving THANKS?
think about it LIVE JOY starting today.



Note: Inspiration for this verse came from: http://www.aholyexperience.com/2012/10/why-you-should-smile-right-now-crazy-joy-day-10/





2 comments:

  1. I haven't had time to read her entries. I'm glad you posted that link. This one made me smile:
    "And I’m nodding…. it’s so time to be well."

    Indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is so time to be well...
    Please pray that I may receive healing.
    God has led me to the doctor He has chosen to perform the surgery and will do it soon.
    Our other joyful friend asked me to give her the time and date of the operation and I am sure she will see it here.
    It will be this Saturday, October 20 at 7 in the morning.
    Please pray for the entire procedure to be successful.

    ReplyDelete