Tuesday, December 13, 2011

19. there's got to be more to life than this!



when you wonder if God is real
when you doubt that HE exists
when you look around you, doesn't it make you feel
that there's got to be more to life than this?

once, an unbeliever said,
"God, if you're real, reveal yourself to me"
The answer is not in an apparition
but in all the things that we can see

the Hubble space Telescope
what great things can it make us see?
a super high powered telescope
allows us a peep of the universe with much greater capability

with a tiny peephole the size of a grain of sand
looking at the universe like at arm's length from where you stand
1500 to 2000 galaxies, the astronomers found
realize this: in one galaxy 50-100 billion stars abound

one tiny crack in the universe
now we're seeing things we've never seen before
faint and bright stars nearest and farthest
what else could they be but a CREATOR'S creations galore!

a peephole the size of a grain of sand
can you imagine if you could see a whole inch?
OR see a whole foot or a whole mile
stumped and struck by this revelation, you will flinch

This vast, awesome, orderly, structured, magnificent beyond
Isn't there more than these?
There's more to you than just flesh
think: WHO MADE ALL THESE?


(the figures in Chip Ingram's podcast are even "small" -- be amazed-- read here: http://www.universetoday.com/24328/how-many-stars/   

2 comments:

  1. It's so magnificent the way you described God, I cried. Praise God! And thanks, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww Joy - I would not want to claim credit for most of my verses here -- they are Chip Ingram's and Dr. Stanley's --

    This particular piece is from Chip Ingram's podcast -- I agree with you how great the way he described God. I thank God for giving me the inspiration to turn the sermons to verses -- I have to be careful not to "change" or distort the essence of their sermons.

    Thesse podcasts speak to me too -- this is why I am moved to write the verses. I am glad I can share them with friends like you.

    Let's keep pressing on (That's Chip Ingram's favorite expression too :) )

    ReplyDelete