Friday, December 9, 2011

17. a highway, not a tightrope



walking on a tight rope
a thousand feet down
on both sides, alligators
and piranhas abound

spikes coming out
all sharp and pointed
one miss in my step
I'd surely get wasted

walking on a highway
is so much different
guard rails left and right
stay on the line, go straight ahead

an ideal day with no traffic
would be nice to drive in the center
in life, its equivalent
is to drive out of line when we err

God's will for us is like the highway
and not like the tightrope
Be willing to do what he wants
he is the Father, who gives us hope

for the consequence of our obedience
God is responsible
for the consequence of our disobedience
only ourselves are liable.

2 comments:

  1. I missed you and your posts. Glad to read you again, friend. Let's choose to stay in the highway, shall we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to be back -- and yes, let us stay in the highway!

    I have a big backlog to deal with - I have yet to see our friend's new blog -- I'll catch up\!

    hugggss

    ReplyDelete